How we use your personal information
We appreciate the trust you place in us when sharing your personal data. The security of that data is very important to us. In this privacy notice we will explain how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
We will also explain what rights you have with regards to your personal information and how you can exercise those rights.
Our Commitment to our Candidates and Contract Resource
- Only ask for and keep personal information about you which we feel is necessary to deliver the best recruitment service we can; which is in your interests, our business interests, and the business interests of potential future employers.
- Only use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with recruitment services, whether for finding you permanent, fixed term, or temporary/contract vacancies, both now and in the future and which includes; developing our service and relationship with you and our Clients, assessing your suitability for vacancies, maintaining and updating your personal information on your database, contacting you about relevant vacancies, and administering contract assignments you may undertake through us.
- Only share your personal information with prospective employers that we have discussed with you prior to sending your personal information for a vacancy. We will never sell your information to any person.
- We may store and process your personal information outside of Europe where it is necessary for us to do so or where our IT systems are cloud-based services provided by third party service providers. We will only process your personal information outside of Europe where we have adequate safeguards in place with our clients and third-party service providers or we have obtained your explicit consent to handle your information in this way.
- Only share your personal information with third parties, whom we have identified and informed you about, and which shall include any company within a group of companies which is a subsidiary, associated, or connected company.
- Only retain your personal information for as long as we consider it necessary in order that we can continue to provide the best recruitment service to you now and in the future or for as long as required to comply with our legal obligations.
- Ensure that your personal information is held securely.
- Not make any decision about your application for a vacancy based solely on automated decision-making. Your application will be considered, and any decision taken, by our recruitment consultants.
- Comply with all applicable laws in the provision of our recruitment services to you and our processing of your personal information.
- Only contact you about relevant temporary, contract, and permanent vacancies we have now and in the future by post, phone, email, or by other means of electronic mail.
- Only send you marketing communications by post, email, or by other electronic means which relate to our recruitment services or other similar services which we believe will be of interest to you.
Your personal information and the law
Who we are
We deliver recruitment services in respect of permanent roles, fixed term roles, and temporary or contract roles to clients on a global basis including in the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, South America and EMEA.
In the UK we either act as an “employment agency” for the introduction and placement of candidates for permanent and or fixed term roles with our clients for the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agency and Employment Businesses Regulations (2003) (Conduct Regulations) or an “employment business” in respect of the introduction and supply of contract resource for temporary and or contract roles with our clients for the purposes of the Conduct Regulations.
Who are we
The following companies and branches are in scope of this privacy notice:
- Wenham Carter Limited (trading as Wenham Carter International) a registered company in England under company number 04990020 (Wenham Carter International)
- Wenham Carter Consulting Limited, a registered company in England under company number 07905696 (Wenham Carter Consulting)Each of the companies share their registered offices at The Courtyard Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3TN and each company is owned by common shareholders.Each company is a data controller in their own right in respect of personal information they collect, use and store in the provision of their recruitment services. Wenham Carter International shares its CRM and IT systems for administrative and commercial purposes with Wenham Carter Consulting and vice versa and the two companies have entered into a data sharing agreement between controllers to ensure safeguards are in place in respect of the sharing of personal information between the companies.
- Wenham Carter Consulting Ltd, a registered branch of Wenham Carter Consulting Limited (above) in the Netherlands under chamber of commerce registration number 70690715 with its registered offices at Olof Palmestraat 24, 2616 LS Delft (WCI Netherlands)WCI Netherlands provides payroll advice and services to Wenham Carter Consulting for contract assignments in the Netherlands. Wenham Carter Consulting is the data controller for personal information shared with WCI Netherlands. Wenham Carter Consulting determines what personal information is collected by WCI Netherlands, how personal information is going to be used and how personal information is protected. WCI Netherlands will only have access to personal information shared by Wenham Carter Consulting and will process your personal information on the instruction of Wenham Carter Consulting.WCI Netherlands may in the provision of its services to Wenham Carter Consulting employ Contract Resource to facilitate the supply of Contract Resource to a client of Wenham Carter Consulting in the Netherlands. Where WCI Netherlands will act as the employer of Contract Resource, it shall be a data controller of personal information of its employees and any processing of personal information of any employee will be subject to WCI Netherland’s privacy notice for employees.
For the purpose of this policy, the above companies and branch shall be referred to as our Group and each entity a Group Company (each referred to as “we”, “ours”, or “us”).
For our UK Group Companies they are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
We are a niche employment agency and we specialise in the global technology market. We provide a tailored recruitment service to our client organisations who are seeking to find talent to fill their permanent vacancies and fixed term vacancies in the following sectors: Automotive, Telecoms, Broadcast, Enterprise Software, Payments.
How to contact us
If you have any queries or questions about this privacy notice, please contact our data protection manager, at email@example.com or you may call us on 01273 648040.
Should you wish to contact us more formally to exercise any of your rights in law or to request information about our use of your personal information please refer to Your Rights and How to Complain below.
Your personal information
Personal data including special categories of data and criminal convictions and offences data (sensitive information)
Any information we hold about you which identifies you as an individual (personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which comes into force from 25th May 2018) may only be used by us in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. Any personal data that we hold manually or electronically in a relevant filing system is within scope of GDPR. If we use particularly sensitive personal data about you (special categories of data under GDPR) or we use personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences, we must comply with additional rules under the Data Protection Act 2018. For more info on what special categories of data are see here.
Special categories of data are data which reveal an individual’s:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religion or political views
- Data relating to their health
- Genetic and biometric data
- Membership to a trade union
- Sex life or sexual orientation
When we refer to your “personal information” in this privacy notice, we refer to personal data as defined under GDPR and which include the sensitive information defined above and which is also protected under data protection laws.
Whose personal information do we collect and use
We collect, use, and store personal information in respect the following types of individuals:
- Candidates (i.e. job applicants/work-seekers)
Individuals who approach us seeking a new role or to discuss a role that they have become aware of, who respond to an advertisement we publish in respect of a role, or who we approach as someone who may be interested in a role we are currently seeking to fulfil for a client organisation or who may be interested in future roles we may have.
- Contract Resource (i.e temporary workers or contractors)
Individuals who are Candidates and whom are subsequently supplied on a contract assignment to a Client, and whether engaged by us as directly as a PAYE Worker or engaged under contract through their personal service company (PSC) or employed or engaged via an umbrella company.
- Client Contacts
Employees within the HR function, hiring managers, and other employees within client organisations that we have communications with respect to our recruitment services and or otherwise have dealings with in the performance of our contract for recruitment services.
- Supplier Contacts
Employees and other authorised individuals within organisations whom delivering business and/or support services to us as a supplier to maintain and/or operate our recruitment services under a contract for services.
Work and or personal referees whom our candidates may provide details of either in their CV or as requested by us or any other person that we approach to verify employment history as part of our suitability and employment checks.
Emergency Contacts/Next of Kin
Members of family and or partner whom a Candidate may provide to us as their emergency contact/next of kin.
Friends, colleagues, and other contacts whom a Candidate, Client or other third party with whom we have had dealings with may refer to us or recommend we contact with respect to a role or our recruitment services.
When we refer to “you” or “your” we refer to the category of individual to whom the section of the privacy notice relates.
Personal information we may collect
Candidates and Contract Resource
We may collect and process a range of personal information about you, whether obtained directly from you or obtained from a third-party source, and which includes but is not limited to contact details, work and employment history, education, professional qualifications and your personal interests that we believe are relevant to perform our recruitment services, administer any contract assignments that you undertake through us and comply with our legal obligations. For more information on the types of personal information we may collect from you and or a third party, please see our Candidate/Contract Resource Personal Information Table in our Privacy section.
We may monitor, record, store and use any our telephone calls with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for ensuring compliance with our Legal Obligations, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service, all of which are in our legitimate interest.
Please read the attached pdf for the full GDPR Privacy notice